• In the Spotlight:

What are the must have's to take to the hospital with you?

I am trying to plan ahead and pack my bags for the hospital, any advice on what all I will need?

ashliebrooke

Asked by ashliebrooke at 9:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• witch hazel wipes were a must for me!! If you get stiches, they help alot with the burning and itching. and lots of pads!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• nightgowns, underwear, maxi pads, toiletries, camera, going home outfit for you and baby, a book or something to pass time in the hospital, socks, robe and slippers....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Most hospitals will have the toiletries as far as diapers for baby and pads and stuff for you. I would invest in some Dermoplast, it numbs you and helps if youhave stitches. Also nail clippers for baby if you dont plan on biting them off. Extra batteries for your camera, cell phone charger, clothes for you and baby, something cute to get baby pictures taken.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• -carseat for baby
    -outfit for going home
    -toothbrush and tooth paste
    -hairbrush
    -shampoo and conditioner
    -outfit to wear home
    -pads
    -extra diapers for baby
    -nightgown and robe
    -slippers
    -outfit for baby to wear home
    -i brought a cooler with extra snacks for after i had the baby, it was a life saver cause i was starving aferward.
    -extra underwear a nursing bra and extra pads if you are going to breast feed
    -your own pillow if you want, i did
    -that's all i can think of right now if i think of anymore i'll let you know
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• These are great answers, I wrote them all down. :)
    ashliebrooke

Answer by ashliebrooke at 9:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• socks in case the room is chilly, many changes of underwear, most hospitals provide maxi pads, but it doesnt hurt to bring your own, change of clothes, take home clothes for baby, camera, some recommend books/movies/music but they were the last things on my mind LOL, toilettres like soap and shampoo...thats all I can think of for now! GL!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Dont forget deoderant, socks, of course camera and extra BATTERIES. The other things listed are good too.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Robe, nightgown, old period panties, change of clothes, toiletries, make-up(if you wear it) slippers, change for snacks for your SO or you. Of course you will need the baby's going home outfit, car seat, head rest, and pads for you if you don't like the hospital's. Comforting music if you go natural. That's all I can think of right now. Your OBGYN should give you a sample list of what you and your baby might need for your stay at the hospital.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 11:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I made sure to bring some type of C.D.'s with me so I didn't have to liasten to everyone eles labor and I am sure glad I did because the person in the room next to me was so loud and I just wanted to concentrate on what I was doing!!
    StefNBecca

Answer by StefNBecca at 1:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009