Dollar store tests vs. equate tests

Is Equate any better than a dollar store test? I am hoping so. Today is the day of my missed period and I tested FMU with a $ store and it was neg. I went out and bought an Equate with the window that I plan on taking tomorrow. Anybody have the same/similar experience and be pregnant?

I guess I am just looking for some positive reenforcement lol

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 9:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I always used Equate (Walmart brand right?) and got a correct positive (and negative when I wasn't). Good luck!

idk about dollar store tests though...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yep it's the Walmart one. Thanks for the luck
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 9:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• With my last pregnancy I used a bunch of different kinda and only got one positive. But I think I'm pregnant and used a dollar store one this morning and it had a faint line. So I'm going to wait a week and see if it is also positive, (but darker) and then I have a blood test shceduled.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Didnt mean to hit enter, lol What I was going to say is I read all pregnancy tests test the same. Any store or brand or even the doctord pee tests. They all test exactly the same.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i guess i will just like it better cuz I have a bigger area to search for a line lol
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 9:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• To compare the two tests loo at thenumbr at the back of the box. The test that has the lower number tests for the lower amount ofHCG and is therefor more sensitive. Good Luck!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• dollar store ones are actually pretty good. only a dollar and very similar to the ones at the drs. i found out i was preg from a $store test (months ago) the other day i had to go to dr and they did a pee preg test and used the kind with dropper. i said "Hey thats like the $store one", she said "Really! these are the best kind, the ones you use a dropper for are better than the sticks to pee on." thats what the head nurse at the fertility clinic said. soo...
    (i had m/c 2mo ago, and this test was neg)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I took my dollar store one to first doc visit with me(I was just so scared it was wrong) , I had been trying for yrs and couldnt belive I finally was.I took the box and everything, and the doc said that they are all the same basic test with diff packaging.I have used dollar store tests with all my kids and neevr had a wrong one, BUT its always poss its wrong, outdated or something.good luck and I pray the test was wrong and you are preg. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no they test for the same hormone...your just paying for the name. good luck!
    destiny00843

Answer by destiny00843 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009