scrapbooking

was wondering if anyone has ever done their scrapbooking for a business--i was thinking of possibly starting some type of business advertising that i would do scrapbooking--if they provided the book--I could buy the supplies--and they could provide a theme they wanted, pics, etc--for a price---has anyone tried this and what do you think?????

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 9:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I thought of doing this too and people have offered to pay me $10 a page!!!! I would do some sort of questionnaire to be filled out. I would get all the supplies and, if needed, the album too. I would think a lot of people that don't have time to scrapbook would love to have it done for them. I would also ask that a description of each picture be included, for purpose of journaling. If specific stories are needed, they would have to be provided by the people. You could even scrapbook the hand written stories into the scrapbook. More of a personal touch then.

Ummm...now you have me thinking again. LOL!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think it's a great idea. I have never tried it or known anyone who has tried it. Only problem is non-scrapbookers have no idea how much time and money is involved in making great scrapbooks and may not want to pay the amount it would take to be worth it for you. I would totally suggest trying it though if you have the time. It wuld be fun.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i never thought of the questionaire idea--i will do that--i recently lost my job--and did a scrapbook for my church--and thought this might be a neat way to attempt to make money--thanks for the ideas.
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 9:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• YES, this is a GREAT way to make $$...and my "passion." I strongly believe in the power of scrapbooking to bring families closer together. I have been doing this now for 6 years. It is my job for "extra income." I am a full time teacher plus a consultant for Creative Memories. Here is the website: www.mycmsite.com/marycluley

I purchase my supplies at a 30% discount. If anyone wants me to make them an album, I do so, but honestly I have only done this a couple times. The last lady paid me full price for the supplies I used, so I made $$ that way, and then gave me an extra $100! The whole thing took me about 2 days.

The reason I have stayed a consultant is that in addition to make $$, it really is the "helping" business. You offer people solutions to their photo organization worries, and most people have those. My customers normally thank ME! If you want more info., just contact me via my website, or via Cafemom.
    lovefamphotos

Answer by lovefamphotos at 2:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My sister and I have done this My sister has done a compleate book with the pictures she charged 100 for 20 page plus album and then $10 for every page after the first 20. I have done a babies first book and gave it as a baby shower gift all they do is add photos and now I have started doing two page spreads for $10 they just add photos all diffrent thems.
    alisalamb

Answer by alisalamb at 4:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009