MY SONS NAME

MY SON IS NOW 3 WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL I WAS SO UNDECIDED ABOUT HIS NAME BUT I KNOW I LIKED PAYTON SO THATS WHAT I NAMED HIM.I NEVER RESEARCHED IT AND I THINK ITS THE WAY YOU SPELL THAT NAME FOR A GIRL .MY HUSBAND WANTS TO CHANGE IT LEAGALLY BUT I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S THE TRUE SPELLING OF THE GIRLS NAME OR IF IT CAN GO BOTH WAYS

seattlemom4-5

Asked by seattlemom4-5 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Eh, that's a boy/girl name. You're fine.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Are you just going to change the spelling? To Peyton (like Peyton Manning) or are you going to change his entire name. I like the name Peyton for a boy or a girl.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have known boys and girls with many different spellings. Peyton, Payton...I personally think Peyton looks more girly than Payton. It is really that important? I'm sure for either spelling you could find boys and girls that use either spelling. He's a boy and no one is going to confuse that so why bother?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Any name can be a girl or boy's name. It just depends on what you like. I think it is cute and unique
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I took care of a little boy named Payton, and that's how they spelled it... I don't think it matters how you spell it.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• There is a boy in my daughter's first grade class and his name is Payton - spelled just like your son. Funny, but we live on a street called Peyton Place - so either way - I think - can be for a boy or girl. Keep the name. He can go by "Pay" for short later or something cool like that.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• seeee i think payton is more masculine and peyton is feminine..i like the name, i dont think you should change it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009