my son just pooped on the floor and poked it with a pen?

what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First, toss the pen. Then, clean your son off - if he has it on himself a bath may be in order. The poop will wait; if you clean the poo up first he will probably just get poop on something else in the meantime! So that first, then, pick up the turd and flush it.

If it's on carpet, and you happen to have any kind of enzymatic cleaner (such as for pet stains) then spray that on the spot and follow the directions on the bottle until it's clean. If you do not have enzymatic cleaner, hydrogen peroxide can be used on the spot; dab with a white cloth until clean.

Tile is pretty easy; spray with any multipurpose cleaner and wipe it up. I hear hardwood is similarly easy, but have never had wood floors to deal with so I don't know!

Good luck... this is a remarkably common occurrence. Part of toddlerhood!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Haha clean it up and tell him not to do that again?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• how old is your son? I would not freak out, I would clean up the mess and clean up my child. I would also tell him that he needs to poop in the potty. Maybe you can explain what poop is
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 9:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• lmao, I love my kids! I love my kids! My daughter did this one time on the way from her room to the bathroom, she didnt poke it. I cleaned it up and didnt make a big deal about it. She hasnt done it since, but I watch her more closely now!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• At least he did'nt eat it. No im sorry.. Clean him up and explain to him that thats gross......
    Anonymous

• What do you mean "what do you do"? As your in the 1-2 year old I doubt he did it on purpose. Clean it up and be happy he didnt do finger painting with it.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• He is 2.
    Anonymous

• Common sense would be to clean up the mess!
    Anonymous

• You just made me laugh
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• LOL THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!!! JUST CLEAN IT UP
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009