Annoying mother-in-law. driving me nuts!

My bf's mother doesn't listen to anything I say! She thinks that because my son is her grandson she can do whatever she wants.

Direct quote- " Well ya know he is MY grandson"

The one day she was letting her dogs lick his hands(which are always in his mouth) and face and i yelled about it. She already knows i hate that so I don't know why she would let it happen in front of me.

So anyways she wants to watch the baby when i go back to work. We did leave him for a few hours to go out to dinner. It was a disaster. Then when i tell her "No you do it like this" she gets all offended. Now she is throwing a fit and crying because I decided to let my sister watch him.

I don't know what to do about it she is driving me nuts with all her whining and crying.

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like you're being a control freak in front of her. She used to have small kids. Chill out and relax dude!
    Anonymous

• your bf mom is not your mother-in-law unless you are married.
    Anonymous

• She needs to understand that even though she is the grandmother...YOU ARE THE MOTHER and she has to respect your wishes. If you don't want the dogs licking his hands/face and you have good reason for this...its germy and disgusting...than she should stop the dogs from doing that! I am 22 weeks pregnant and I would just rather my little boy stay in my forever so I don't have to deal with my inlaws because I have a feeling they are going to be the exact same way. Just let her know that if she wants to babysit, she needs to respect your wishes and do as you please...if she wants to run her own ship and do what she wants with YOUR baby...than she's gonna have to deal with not seeing him as often as she might like.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Story of my life. lol, I say dont worry about it. Your his mother, its your decision.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ok anon #2 not really a big deal

and i want things to be done my way because that's what i think is best for him

OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Dogs mouths are cleaner than human mouths.
    Anonymous

• your bfs mother -mil same shit. Anyways . I wouldnt wont her watching my son ethier. Sounds like my mil good luck. I would say No and its your choice.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 9:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Why dont you just sit down and talk to her, or instead of yelling, just say, "hey mom, would you not let the dog lick Owen's hands, he is going to put them in his mouth." Just be calm when you say it. Remember respect begets respect. Dont treat her like she is stupid because she has had children, and maybe she will do the same thing for you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ^ Please pick her for best answer!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'd tell her the same thing I told my mother-in-law... Either do it our way or don't whine when you don't get to watch him...
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009