How are you going to teach your kids about sex?

Are you going to teach them abstinence (sp?) or safe sex? I want to teach mine BOTH, but I definitely want abstinence to be my main priority, but since I know it doesn't always work out how we plan, especially in today's society, I'm going to teach safe sex too. How are you going to teach your children? What techniques are you going to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am going to do both. I didnt have sex till almost twenty because my parents had scared me half to death about getting pregnant and ruining my life, lol. I will probably abstain from teaching her that way, but I think I will use books, and just ask her what she knows about sex. Fill in what she doesn't and give her the information that she needs.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am going to teach my son both. It seems that kids are having sex younger and younger these days and I want my son to know the truth. Abstinence is best but if he decides to then he needs to know how to be safe about it. Me and my ex husband had him young and I don't want that for my son
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Not sure Ill have a technique. Ill explain how it works, explain why its best to wait and explain if they wont to protect themselves.

Ill answer whatever questions they might have and keep answering them whenever they come up to me to ask one. It will be an ongoing thing from the time they start asking to the time they die(if they need answers for that long LOL).

It wont be a taboo subject, it isnt now and it wont start being one either.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 9:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It will certainly not be a taboo subject. In my household it was a taboo subject and the first time I really had the talk about sex with my mom was when I was telling her I was pregnant. I wont let that happen with my son. I will teach him to be open with me with any questions. I will definitely stress absintince and the consequences of having sex too young. However I will also stress safe sex when he does make that decision.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• 2-1CavWife same here lol. My mom was taught that if you have sex you are pregnant, and that's it. She didn't even know what sperm was. She thought it was literally microscopic like the text books say. So the night she did it without a condom she thought she was bleeding to death, and didn't believe her husband when he told her what it was. She said the first time she had sex (even though they used protection), she cried all night because "she was pregnant." Which she wasn't, but that's what they taught her.
    Anonymous