dont understand

what i have a hard time understanding is why each "religion" seems to interpret the bible differently--the catholics even have a few extra chapters in their bible--how do you actually know which interpretation is correct--this all makes me question my beliefs in "god" at all, and the validity of the "bible"--i don't understand how there is so many different interpretations.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are as many faiths as there are individuals.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No one really know's what the actual "bible" said. The bible has been written and rewritten so many many many times.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• People interpret it many different ways b/c we a fallen.

But there is one main point to believe in Jesus died for our sins and he is Gods Son.

all other points are debatable. I guess we will know for sure when we get to Heaven. The best we can do here is read, study and do what our HEART leads us to do.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Unfortunately the only way we are going to find out the truth in any religion is when we die. There is no way to prove the Bible is real...there is no way to prove any religion is real...you just have to believe what you believe.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• writeon good way to look at the question!! Your sentence also explalins alot to me I've been wondering about myself.
    Anonymous

• Because the book is mythology and the religions are all bogus. You can't make sense of it no matter what you do.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• okay...well...the Bible is actually a series of books and letters written over a long period of time and put together. the Non-catholic Bible consists of 66 books. the people who decided which books make up the Bible did this by using a strict criteria that ensures the book's authenticity. the Catholic Bible has an extra section called the apocraphya (spelling?) that other Biblical scholars didn't feel lived up to the standards they were using. there are so many different versions because the books are originally written in hebrew and greek primarily and there are some different opinions on how the translations actually read but most of these differences are in the details and the main message remains the same
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I chose to seek God more than the bible. I believe that we can receive the holy spirit and it will guide us to know the truth. If I have a problem interpreting something in the bible I ask God to give me the real meaning, and a lot of times I understand it after that. I don't try so hard to live for the bible, I live for God and use the bible as a way to gain knowledge, but have his holy spirit to guide, and teach me.
    Anonymous

• "But there is one main point to believe in Jesus died for our sins and he is Gods Son."

This is debatable too.

Anonymous

• I believe the reason their are so many faiths is that the Devil has decieved a great many people.
    Anonymous