Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate to be one of those paranoid chicks- but what do you think?

So I took a pregnancy test a few weeks back- it was positive. I took another one 2 weeks later... it said negative. I've had all the PMS symptoms and no period...for 6 weeks now. I took The Pill for 2 mos. I don't think that's long enough to mess up my cycles and throw me off. But seriously... should I go see the OB/GYN and get her opinon? Or wait and take another test sometime next week?


Asked by livn4hevn at 9:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Level 11 (622 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • hmm was it a solid postive...a digital test? if it wasnt digital how solid was the line on your positive? is it possible it could have been an evaporation line? Im not sure but i think birth control...or just going off birth control can cause a false positive...but im not 100 percent...being as how u missed ur pd fo 6 WEEKS?!!! yeah id say it is lickly a false neg than pos....I would go out and buy a couple more....different brands too. see what they say, but def go to the doc!!!! good luck!!!

    Answer by destiny00843 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • I would go see a OB.

    Answer by Kbmancine at 9:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • False positives are rare so I would call your OB. It's possible to be pregnant but getting dropping hormone levels indicating miscarriage.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • I agree, go see an OB sooner than later

    Answer by AK_aries at 9:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • Definitely go see your Gyno because if you are pregnant you need to get prenatal care as soon as possible. They will give you a blood test which is most accurate when detecting the pregnancy hormone HCG. Good Luck

    Answer by ivntee07 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • Its more likely to get a false negative then a false positive. Go see your doctor.

    Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • get a blood test from doc. Good luck, ehichever way you want it to go. :o)

    Answer by Bearsjen at 4:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009