how can i get my 17 year old son to stop eating in his room?

maggie67

Asked by maggie67 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Is he eating at a computer or while watching t.v.? If it's either, take it out of his room.
    Anonymous

• When he leaves dump his bed over? or unplug his computer when he leaves the room? You stop when he stops eating there.
    Anonymous

• Ask him to eat with you at the dinner table, or maybe something is bothering him and he is avoiding talking about it. OR, eat in his room with him and see what all the fun is about. :-) Maybe he won't eat in there anymore if he knows you'll be joining him either way.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 9:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• take the tv out and the games out of his room
    Anonymous

• i like haidens mama's idea. i think that would prolly work
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My oldest child 17 always be snicking food in his room and trys his best to hide the evidence but when I happen to come across it it looks so yucky everytime I bring it up to his attention he always come up with some kind of off the wall excuse so if you find out how you can prevent the child from doing that which I have been fussing about for yrs YES YEARS then let me know because my other 2 children always be complaing about him eating in his room and coming across days or wks food that just NASTY- NASTY-NASTY! I dont what to talk about this anymore because I think my child and I will have this discussion before the night is over. another drama but I can say his reasons are interesting hmmmm.
    blesswith3

Answer by blesswith3 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ok, he is 17, not 7. if he can not handle simple rules in your house, ask him to leave. This should be the last resort, though. Have you tried talking to him?...Setting the rules first? If all attempts fail, then you need to tell him that he needs to respect your wishes while living there OR...kick rocks.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Put some ants in his bed.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• well if hes eating a snack or something in there i dont see anything wrong with it i used to do it when i was younger, but i wasnt allowed to eat dinner alone in my room.
    Anonymous

• umm... make him? Your his mother, goodness!
    Anonymous