Is this a fair rate?

I might be watching a 15 month old boy. I am meeting with his parents tomorrow. They are willing to bring his own lunch. I will be doing on Wend for 3 1/2 hours and Thurdays and Fridays for 7 hours each day. I said I would charge $115 a week, which I think is very fair. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well that is about $6.50 an hour so yea I think they are getting a pretty sweet deal. My SIL gets charged $180 a week and it doesnt matter if her DD is there 1min or everyday it's the same price. I will forewarn you doing this for friends can easily get out of hand. I did it and I couldn't do it anymore. They took total advantage of me and we are no longer friends... Won't even think about talking to her type of deal so be cautious
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• hmm. I think my at home babysitter charged us like 170 every two weeks and that was from like 8-5 mon-fri.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think that sounds good, I would pay around $100 give or take depending on experibce for those hours.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• They are getting off cheap. In my area of Michigan day care for a child in diapers/higher maintance is about 50 bucks a day for a full time day. Anything over 5 hours is considered full time.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think that is reasonable, isn't that like $6.50 an hour?? That's less than a daycare would charge I'm sure, so yes. That is reasonable =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I pay daycare $140 a week for my 2.5 year old son who is potty trained. Sounds pricey to me, since you're only watching them 3 days. My son also gets breakfast and lunch.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh yeah, that's 5 days a week, up to 11.5 hours a day (6:30 - 6)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• thats more than i pay for my daughter. She goes to a liscenced home daycare. I pay 110 a week full time. She is there 4-5 days a week for about 10 hours a day. All food and drinks are provided. When she was with a nonliscenced person I was paying 20 a day
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• normally do 5$ an hour but this isnt to high
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 11:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Depends on if he is the only child you are watching. If your kids or someone else's kids are there then he will be sharing your attention and therefore you should charge a little less. Add to that they'll provide lunch and snacks that saves money for you, too. Check your local craigslist child care section and ask other providers what they charge.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009