Were you scared?

I'm having twins and its my first birth!!! i'm terrified... any advice??... please!?!?!?!

missmclaughlin

Asked by missmclaughlin at 9:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just breath. You WILL get through it.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well didn't have twins, but I was scared going in also. All I can say is that I was surprised by how much my fears melted away once I was in labor and things were in full swing. You will find strength and courage that you had no idea you had. Once you're there things will progress naturally and you will find that even if you are still frightened, your fears will not hold you back or hinder you at all. You are braver than you know!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• There is nothing to fear mama! Even with twins. Women all over the world do this, you CAN do it. Women are strong, beautiful, capable creatures and birth is an amazing feet we can do all the time! :)

Birth is beautiful. I just read a beautiful birth story about a 100 natural twin birth. :) It was absolutely amazing.

Read "Birthing From Within" it can definitely help with your fears, and dealing with them. It has helped me, and this is my second birth hehe!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant with my son.
    Anonymous

• congrats on having twins! I am 1st time mom and my son will be 1 on the 19th! time really flies. I understand you are nervous! a brand new mom....it is perfectly normal to have fears. but i'm sure it'll be just fine! take each day at a time, dont watch the clock, take care of yourself the best you can. dont depend on books because babies dont go by the book. as hard as the following advice will be, try to relax when the babies sleep! dont worry about getting behind in chores and stuff (thats when you go "hello....mom?" lol)...if you cant nap, just lounging around and reading a book, having a snack or taking a hot shower will feel like a weeks vacation lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Being afraid is completely normal. I conquered my fear by reading up on all the ways that I could control my birth to the best of my ability. I also began creating something for my new baby. It calmed me but not completely of course. The wonderful thing is that when the time comes to give birth you don't have to worry about being scared. You will be far too busy with other things to have fear overcome you. It is a wonderful thing that nature put in.
    MawagaMom

Answer by MawagaMom at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Lol i would hate to have twins but i better shut up cause my mom is a twin so i can have one eww but i heard it is really hard rasing twins.. dont worry dont be scared your gonna have a c-section so it will be easy for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I found that my attitude going into the whole labor experience really did color everything else. You can do it!! All my kids were single births, but it is the same basic principle:)
    momof6kids277

Answer by momof6kids277 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• anon, seriously? She doesn't have to have a cesarean. Twins are still relatively *normal* just a variant of the norm and women all over the world deliver twins vaginally. Don't scare her with false information.

I would love to have twins! I know people who do, and they say it isn't too difficult once they developed a routine. I know many who breastfed them for at least 12 months too!

Good luck! I know it can be a bit daunting! Becoming a new mom is! :) you can do it!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2009