I'm a young mother of a two year old. I just enrolled to go back to school, and need to get a job part time to support myself and my baby. Her dad, got laid off and has had many job offers, but would rather collect unemployment, while I work, go to school, and watch our dauther. I feel like a single parent, he barely does anything, and our daughter, Zoe screams when he holds her, and cries for me. What should I do!?

Krystal_Nuggetz

Asked by Krystal_Nuggetz at 10:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need to have a serious talk with him.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and did I mention he would rather collect unemployment so he can sit at home playing his video games, which he spends more time with than Zoe and me!
    Krystal_Nuggetz

Answer by Krystal_Nuggetz at 10:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Okay think about it like if it was your very best friend telling you this, what wouls you advice her to do? I hope dump his useless ass until he grows up/
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Girl, if he is not willing to work and help support you and your daughter, than he needs to be kicked to the curve. if you are doing all of those things. why in the hell do you need him.. have a serious talk and work the issues out. Good Luck.
    engraham

Answer by engraham at 10:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Talking just leads to us fighting. And when we fight, I just walk away, cause he says crazy things. Hurtful things.
    Krystal_Nuggetz

Answer by Krystal_Nuggetz at 10:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Hey, at least he's got money coming in. You should be thankful for that. You don't say that you two are u together... I would just continue to do what you are doing. Make a life for you and your daughter and don't worry about him.
    Anonymous

• Do whats best for you and your baby, even if thats leaving. Good luck.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would give it a little more time. As long as he is on unemployment and staying at home with your child, why not get yourself an education? Besides day care these days is so expensive!!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 10:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• totally with you and most days i think its not worth staying.. :( sorry cant give any advice
    Anonymous

• Sorry but sometimes men are like having another kid around the house. If he is spending too much time with his video games them treat him like a child......take the system away. When he questions you on where it is tell him you had to SELL IT for groceries, with him not working and all the money had to come from somewhere. Then tell him to get his lazy ass to work or get out. May be harsh but sometimes a swift kick in the rear is what someone needs!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009