why are kids dying so much?

it seems parents around my age, 25, keep having kids and children dying from mulitple reasons. is this a more common thing that is jsut not spoken about or is this an epidemic for my gneration?

eliptica24

Asked by eliptica24 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i'm sorry but where have you been seeing this? i'm so lost
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Not sure what you are talking about?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• basically i was asking, people i know personally, and some even aquaintences, it jsut seems a lot are having their children die either from them getting into things, cancer, or a bunch of other things. iam not sure if this is common and not spoke of or an epidemic with around my generation.
    eliptica24

Answer by eliptica24 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Aside from accidents, cancer is now the second leading cause of death in children. More and more research is pointing to the causes of cancer to environmental and household poisons. When we were growing up we were not exposed to all of the harsh ingredients that are found in the everyday products that are found in our homes today. From the minute that newborns come out of the sterile womb environment, our generation is bathing them in toxic products that at first don't seem harmful, but on a very small repeated dose every day, the chemicals lead to changes in our DNA and allows for cancer to set up in our kids bodies. As sad as it is, it is our responsibilites as parents to read labels on ALL of the products that are used on and around our kids, and to educate other parents about these risks as well. Hope that this info shed some light on this sad subject
    Amy Nichols
    Mommy of a 5 y/o, 4 y/o, & 2 y/o
    www.enriched1.com
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 1:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had my dd at 25 and she's still going strong. :) My aunt passed away from cancern recently though. Death always seems to happen in clusters for me too. I think it just seems that way b/c you tend to lump them together once something happens to you or someone close to you.
    Anonymous

• ive lost 2 babies (stillbirth/SUID). In 2006 and one jan of this year...

I've been reading about alot of children murders over the last month (usually at the hands of their parents). Sad thing to hear
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think you just pay more attention since you have kids. I remember hearing about children dying when I was little, but now that I'm a parent I really remember when a child dies. If that makes sense. You sympathize with them more.
    Anonymous