What has your husband surprised you with to show you that he cared?

I'm not talking about "Oh, he helps me every day, he tells me he loves me, kisses me, etc." those are showing they care, but what has he did that surprised you? That he had planned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nothing, he stopped doing that after he got me lol..
    Anonymous

• He turned off the T.V., once.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• HA! the last time my DH surprised me with something he planned was when he proposed 8 years ago!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• He bought me a bike last year for mothers day. I really wanted one.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 10:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Nothing. One of many reasons we are in the middle of a separation....though that was about the most minor problem.
    Anonymous

• It wasn't something that he planned, it was something he said....I have been very depressed lately. He told me to go see my Dr about how I have been feeling, get some help, and that he will be there for me through it all...
    Anonymous

• brought me a single rose from the gas station, stopped on his way home from work to pick up a snack i like w/o me asking, went out and bought the movie the notebook, a bottle of wine, tissues and popcorn then actually watched the movie with me...but the "biggest" he ever did was when we got a hotel room this past valentines day (he deployed 2 days later so we always get a room for alone time) he ordered the little extra package, rose petals on the bed, dozen roses in the room, champagne (i'm preg but he had to pick champagne or sparkling juice which both of us hate so he said to take the champagne to the hospital so i can drink it when hes "out"), balloons, bubble bath, and candles...and he upgraded the room w/o telling me ( i had reserved the room originally in both of our names and he called and added the extra stuff so it really surprised me), then on top of that on the way to the hotel i kept smelling food CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ordered dinner from a steak house (all i want is steak and potatoes) and picked it up b/c i wanted to eat out but didn't want to deal with valentines craziness
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• last valentines i was pregnant (08). i had to go to work that day 2 hours early to fill in for someone, so i went to bed early on the 13th. when i left for work my car had 5 different types of candy, a vase of gorgeous flowers, & a sweet card that he had written really sweet stuff in. he even put a red boa & tapped cute little red hearts on the dash. he had put it all in my car while i slept.

he hasnt done anything sweet sense then but that was good enough to last a year or two haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was out of state on Valentines. My arrival wasn't until almost 9, so we decided to get a hotel and have dinner instead of trying to drive 90 minutes from the airport.

I'd told him ages ago that someday I wanted us to stay in a fancy hotel and order room service and watch payperview and just be silly and together. He booked us a room at one of the nicest hotels in town. When we walked into the room, I had 4 packages of Valentines candies, a necklace, two pairs of earrings, and a bracelet.

I kept harping on himwhile I was gone what was he spending money on, and he'd tell me a fwe things, but it never added up to me. I felt so bad for giving him a bad time about when I saw all that he bought me.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009