I need some new dishes to cook for my picky children, any suggesstions?

My kids, especially my oldest is a picky eater. I am so tried of spaghetti and chicken nuggets, I need some fun nutritional ideas.

kstevens12

Asked by kstevens12 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• okay, I make a snake for my kids and they love it. Take crescent rolls and flatten them out all together. Then add ham and cheese and then roll it all up like a snake. Its like a calzone and you can actually put any meat or spinach or whatever. Then paint it with egg wash with food coloring and shape it like a snake.Then bake according to crescent roll directions. I'm not too good at explaining this but I saw it on Paula Dean and maybe its on her website or something. Its really a Halloween thing but i make it all the time. slice it and serve with salad.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Depending on their age, i have found if my kiddo's help cook it, they are more inclined to eat it. :)
    EscVelocity

Answer by EscVelocity at 10:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I bought the cook book Deceptively Delicious. I have been enjoying making foods from the recipes. My daughter's favorite color is green. She loves the green eggs (pureed spinach mixed in with scrambled eggs). I have also done the same with rice to make her green rice. There is a recipe for applesauce muffins in the cook book that you add pureed carrot to. They are delicious. My dd is very picky. I try to make everything she eats as nutritionally beneficial as possible. We are vegetarians. We like vegetarian chili over baked potato, veggie stir fry, potato soup, refried beans, rice, and veggie enchiladas. The above idea seems creative and fun. I cut my dd's sandwiches into triangles and turn themout to make butterflies with fruit for the center and antennae . . . She also loves Campbells vegetarian vegetable soup. It has alphabet pasta in it. She calls it Super letter soup.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009