what is up with baby teeth?

why do i hear so many babies getting 12- 14 teeth before the age of one? wow!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom tells me that my son has gotten so many because of nursing. He is 11 months and has 9 teeth already.
    Anonymous

• Im nursing too and my baby only has 4 and is a yr! lol.. can't be
    Anonymous

• at one year, my little guy had 16 teeth. he'll be two next week and has all his teeth (well until that last set of molars comes in... when is that 4, 5?)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 9 months, nursed for the first 3 and has NO teeth. It actually has to do with genetics. If the parents got their teeth very early, generally the children will too.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I love her toothless smile!!! . . . not forever of course
    BridgetC140

• Why post anon for this q?

I was pregnant at the same time as two of my friends, they both had girls and both named them Haylee, not the point I know. Well one is two weeks older then my son and the other is two weeks younger. The older one still has NO teeth at 15 months old and the younger one got ALL her baby teeth before 1 year, and most of them before 6 months. My son has 8 teeth and he got them all around 6 months.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Mine is 11 months and has four teeth. He was also breastfed until he was 6 months old. My older two though didn't have ANY teeth untill they were a little over a year old. They were breastfed for the same amount of time.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my daughter is almost 10 months, is still BF and only has two of her bottom teeth. i thought two of the top ones was getting ready to come thru a month (probably longer) ago, but i haven't seen them again. her first two came in right at 7 months.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My son wasn't breastfed and got most of his teeth by 1- 1/2 yrs old. He would get 3 or 4 teeth at one time. My cousins son was almost 2 before he had more than 2 or 3 teeth. Her kids just got teeth later than most. I think it depends on genetics.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009