Avon?

How many of you sell Avon? How many of you sell it as your only income? And what is your experence with it? And how much money did you make with it? I am thinking about taking it up, so I can be home more with my son, but I am nervous about taking something on that I will fail at. Or with having to pay in for taxes instead of recieving a large chunk of money like I did this year. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sold it briefly. After I sold to my good friends and family a few times, I realized to be profitable at it, you need to have a huge customer base, not be afraid to do cold calls or sell to people you don't know, and basically WORK at it. You have to pay taxes no matter what job you have, be it Avon or some other job, so I wouldn't worry about that. You have to keep track of sales, profit, and expenses related to work. If an accountant does your taxes you can write that off as business expense.

The only reason I don't do sales is because I hate selling to people.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i agree w the person above you have to b realy good in sales if u want this to b ur only source of income i sell it but to b honest i only do it for holidays not as my only income. i do really good and have lots of xtra money specially during vday and Christmas the one thing i hated was they dont always send ur complete order so u have to deal w that OFTEN and its a hassel. other than that it works out pretty good good luck..

SXYmami7

Answer by SXYmami7 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i sell it because i like the products and figured why not get the stuff i want at a discount, but i don't make any money at it because i'm not aggressive about it, i sell it to a few coworkers, neighbors and family, i'm glad if i get my stuff and the books for no cost to me. it's all what you put into it. give it a try it's only $10.00 to get started. good luck!
    roni2911

Answer by roni2911 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009