Can Anyone give me advice on a 3yo boys behavior??????????

He hates me here lately only wants daddy, and he has began hitting and kicking, screaming and no matter what I do it just makes him worse and hate me more what do i do??? It hurts me soooo bad

uravnldy2009

Asked by uravnldy2009 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• when it comes to the hitting and kicking push the hands or feet away and stern NO. everything else you have to just ignore. say i know you want daddy right now, but daddy is....wherever he is...so you get to spend time with mommy. and the lower you talk the quieter he has to be to listen. if that doesnt work, really just ignore it and continue on with what you are doing. they go through stages where they have a fave person and right now it isn't you. sucks, i know, but you have to just suck it up and deal best you can
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• What you need to do is find something that he likes to do if its playing soccer or blowing bubbles. Whatever is interest are you need to share that with him. You be suprised when he finds out hes doing something that he loves. My son is a big mommas boy and normally doesnt want nothing to do with his daddy. But my husband took him to walmart and he let him pick out a kite to fly outside. When he got home he was excited to fly it. So just find something he really loves to do and go from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Chances are that at three years old, you and he might be clashing more over his behavior and you may be the enforcer more often of rules and the person who gives out the punishment. You have this job and Dad may get to be the fun parent more often. Just stay consistent, but also have his dad sometimes give out the punishement .
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My oldest never went through this stage, but my 2.5yo son is actually doing this today!! It makes me feel like crap also, but I know its just a stage he is going through - testing his limits . You have to ignore some of the stuff, but the hitting and kicking needs disipline of some sort- whatever your family does.
    Wow2boyz

Answer by Wow2boyz at 5:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• give him to Dad and enjoy the break for a short while...He will come back to you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009