NIGHT-TIME SNACKING??

IS IT NORMAL FOR MY 5 MONTH OLD TO STILL BE WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR A BOTTLE?? SHE WILL EAT UP TO 6 OZ. BEFORE SHE IS FULL AND GOES BACK TO SLEEP....
I WOULD LIKE HER TO START LEARNING HOW TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT WITHOUT NEEDING TO HAVE A BOTTLE!
WHEN IS IT NORMAL FOR HER TO WEEN OFF AND HOW DO I START TO DO IT?

KAYTI.BIER

Asked by KAYTI.BIER at 11:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Fill her belly better before bed. Baby cereal is a good food to feed right before bed and will help hold them over through the night. My son still night feed till about six months.
    Anonymous

• My baby still eats in the night, and he's 8 months. I just turn over, nurse him, and we go back to sleep . . .
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• absolutely, they will probably have night time snacks for a long time, when they start getting teeth it can be a little concerning though my son stopped with all of it pretty much the day he turned one and my daughter did until she was 16 months abd then it ended
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 11:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Give her some rice cereal before bed feeding. My mom tod me to do it, even younger than yours.
    Worked everytime!!!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• With my first daughter we had started putting the rice ceral in with her bottles around 2 or 3 months, and that helped her sleep through the night, and yes I had the pedi's approval...you could maybe try doing that.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son ween himself from eating at night. If the babys hungry feed em
    MrsJrBut

Answer by MrsJrBut at 2:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2009