Okay, why the starring?

I go to church every sat and sun and every time 'He' goes he always stares at me. I have a 7 month old girl and a 2 year old boy and ofcourse Im married. I guess 'he' know it cuzz my hubby sits with me. Alright, when I have had to sing up front and Im looking around, I find 'him' looking at me already. I dont know 'him' and he dosent know me. Im young 20yrs. and I dont have a super model figure Im over weight but my hubby tells me he wouldnt change me for skinny girl or anyone- inother words that im beautiful. So my question is does this 'guy' likes me or what? I have greeted him with a hand shake but the only 2 times, I have tried to minimized eye contact. It seemes like he wants to talk to me, but is too shy. Can't he see that i have kids, a hubby, and over weight? By the way he is not bad looking actually he is cute. I am faithful 2 my hubby and will be. How can i NOT get distracted by this 'guy's' starring? thnx.

lasisterd

Asked by lasisterd at 11:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't jump to conclusions- you may just look like someone else he knows- unless it's just that creepy look, like he's undressing you with his eyes. This is what I would do: next time you see him, greet him, or if you have a chance to talk with him that's not too obvious you went out of your way, very confidently walk up to him, look him in the eyes, and introduce yourself if you haven't already. If you have, introduce your husband. (def. leave the kids out) if that's already been done, make something up- how did you like the service? Act like you already know him, it will throw him off big time. And any chance you get, throw your wonderful husband into the conversation! I'm telling you, it may sound nuts, but it'll work. This way you can show him 1) you're NOT intimidated, you can handle your own w/out running to your DH and starting drama, and 2)tell by how he reacts what kind of intentions he has. Then go from there
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 10:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Maybe he thinks you look familiar and can't put his finger on it? I tend to stare at people that look familiar until I've figured out where I know them from...it's frustrating! Maybe next time you greet him with a handshake you can politely just ask him if you know him from somewhere? Maybe there's just something he feels the need to say to you? I would be uncomfortable, but it might not be what you're thinking :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Tell your hubby. Maybe then next time he stares at you your huby will notice and give him "they eye" and hopefully then the guy will get the message.
    Anonymous

• "the eye" sorry.
    Anonymous

• If you aren't into him why do you care if he looks at you? He may just find you attractive. Even guys at church look at attractive women. If he is the pastor of the church, then that is a different story. You kept putting quotation marks around the word "guy." Is he not a guy? Is he the statue of Jesus? I mean, come on, be straight up and talk without all the veiled comments.
    Anonymous

• that is flatering i'm sure, However, if you are un-comfortable STOP LOOKING AT HIM! you only know he is looking at you because you are looking at him. if your intentions are none, then who cares, let him look, it's not like you can control where he set's his eyes!
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 12:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• FOR ANONYMOUS #3 I put quotations on the word guy because I dont know him. And its not that I care, its just that its been going for a long time and believe it or not it does get annoying. At first I didnt noticed and now it's just oviouse. So why dont I just go over to him? Because it would seem that I'm the one who wants to talk to him. And I dont.
    lasisterd

Answer by lasisterd at 12:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I agree w/the mom who suggested that you tell your husband. If you're honestly not interested in him and he's making you uncomfortable, then tell your DH, but you might not want to mention exactly how LONG it's been happening, lest he wonder why you didn't speak up sooner. He may think you were welcoming this strangers attention. So be tactful about it, but tell him.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Maybe he wants to make your skin into a "girl suit".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009