Anyone have any luck with cabinet locks for toddlers?? The ones I tried my sons just pulls them off, I think I should just empty my lower cabinets , did you?

My kitchen looks like a bomb hit everyday!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg! my son is 4 and he was into everything. My husband just finally found childproof things that he couldn't break or pull off. he got them at Menards. i dont know if there is one by you but these things are tough.
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had great luck with the ones from One Step Ahead magazine
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 11:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I LOVE this set of locks... it's magnets and NO knobs to be pulled or broken off

http://www.kidsafeinc.com/product/71173?meta=FRG&utm_source=GBASE&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=
    Layna1980

Answer by Layna1980 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• All of our child proof locks have worked. I bought them at toysrus. We used the screw on ones that you have to push down in order to open. It's not even that easy for me to open. As far as child proofing our entertainment center things, my son figured out how to get to everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I took the breakables out and we are just letting him play under there
    MrsJrBut

Answer by MrsJrBut at 2:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had locks on all the lower cabinets except for 2. One had some old pots that I had and the other for my Tupperware and a few toys. And the bottom drawer had a bunch of plastic cooking utensils in it. All things they were allowed to play with when they could explore. I also had plastic mirrors put on all of the lower cabinets.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i don't let my children play in the cabinets. I have plenty of toys that I switch out periodically so they don't get bored with what's available. I also have sets of play food and utensils they can play with if they choose. I just think teaching children that kitchen and bathroom cabinets are fun and "toys" is asking for trouble because not everyone keeps a childproof home. I don't have anything dangerous in my lower cabinets but I still discourage the children from playing there. Something to think about :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2009