Did you ever hate your baby?

Seriously has anyone ever hated their baby? We are on baby number 2 and I can't help but have serious resentful feelings towards her. I am on antidepressants before anyone jumps down my throat....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. I had postpartum depression and I didn't want anything to do with him for a while. I knew it was wrong to feel that way which is why I sought counseling and medication. Come to think of it, though, I didn't hate him as much as I didn't feel like I was connected to him. I felt like he wasn't mine, which was obviously false. After some badly needed counseling, a few months on antidepressants, and some serious daily prayer, I learned to love him as I was intended to.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Never hated but seriously frustrated with them, lol! Frustrated to the point where I knew I needed to lay the baby down someplace safe (crib) and walk away for awhile until I was calm again. The trigger for me was the uncontrollable screaming fits they'd have....frustrating not knowing what they needed or wanted and feeling inadequate.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• um do you regularly meet with the person who gave you the antidepresants? it is pretty imperative that you talk to somebody about this. there are probably not alot of people on here that would say they hated thier baby but you are not the first person this has happened to, what matters is how you handle it. You need to address the reasons for your feelings and figure out a solution
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• never HATED him but i didnt feel like he was MINE until he was 11 months and he could tell me what he wants (well points and brings things to me)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Uhm, you hate your child?? I think you need more than antidepressants! Freak
    Anonymous

• anon, dont be a moron and dont bother posting if you are just going to be ignorant and waste everybody's time
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow, disregard the person above. Some people really believe that just because it has never happened to them that it shouldn't happen to others. I highly doubt that "HATE" is what you are really feeling. It may just be the word that comes to mind. I am a mother of three and have had my share of frustrations and I think that you are VERY BRAVE for talking about how you are feeling. It is a good step toward getting the help you need, because that isn't a normal feeling no matter the situation. Mothering a child is the hardest job we will ever do and people always assume that it comes easy to everyone, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Please call me or message me in person if you would just like someone to talk to or someone to help you out a little. We women and moms need to stick together.:) REally though, don't be shy, you don't even have to tell me your name,call anytime, two in the morning or whatever.360-682-5469
    Elysia4999

Answer by Elysia4999 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Sorry, I ran out of room.. My name is Elysia....:)
    Elysia4999

• I think baby #2 is a lot harder than #1. I was very easily frustrated, not hatred though
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 11:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• wow it's funny how people have nothing better to do than get off by leaving stupid comments and advice!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009