Cynical or just fed up for the day?

Does it seem that the general attitude in the world is becoming more and more one of entitlement ? It just seems like people are becoming more self-absorbed than when I was younger. Have we entered the age of Me? What happened to empathy, blind kindness, social politeness and manners??

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 11:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's what I'd like to know. It really gets me when people in Costco, Sam's, etc. get their free samples and don't even say, "thank you." What ever happened to manners?! I'm not perfect either but I keep trying to work on my manners.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I wonder that to, you have to wonder what we are teaching our kids when they have t-shirts that say things like "It's all about me" and "It's my world, you just live in it". My friends daughter was wearing one that said "My dog is cuter then yours" and she doesn't even have a dog. I try to teach my son to be kind, thoughtful and aware of others around him. I on the other hand am guilty of buying him t-shirts that say things like, "Pull my finger", "My life should be a reality show" and Jesus has skills"! I think they are funny and cool. I asked a question the other day about random acts of kindness and the answers were hopeful for our future.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009