Anyone Friends with George Strait?

I know, it's pretty far fetched, but hey...for my grandma, I'm willing to ask this question! LOL! In June, I'm taking her to Dallas to see George (yes, we're on a 1st name basis - Ha!) for her 82nd birthday. We have 7th row seats, so she's already pretty excited over just that. But, I'm trying to see if anyone has any ideas or knows how we could maybe let her meet him/get his autograph or SOMETHING to add to the special occasion for her? Even if he just said Happy Birthday to her, she'd probably have a fit right there! LOL! Like I said, I KNOW it's a TOTAL longshot, but hey, you never know who may be on here and might be able to help me out! I really appreciate your help!

MomtoHSH

Asked by MomtoHSH at 11:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Never heard of him!
    Anonymous

• im going to see him in june too! but in VA...anyways as to how to get him to say happy bday or something maybe if you find out who his manager is and mention you are taking your elder grandma for her bday that shes such a huge fan and blah blah and see if maybe he could say happy bday on stage or ask how you would go about being allowed to get a backstage pass so she could meet him? i mean like you said in your question it can't hurt to ask right
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Get on his fanclub site and see if you send a messege like your post to anyone and everyone who will listen. They eat up this kind of stuff and want their Stars to show they have compassion.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I went to the Rod Stewart concert when he was in Dallas about two years ago at the American Airlines Center. There was a lady in the crowd that was near the stage that had a sign and it said my last chace to have a picture with Rod Stewart, toward the end of the show he leaned down to her and posed for a picture.

You can try that. Hold up a sign that says George please say happy birthday to my grandma millie or whatever her name is. It doesn't have to be a big sign either, the lady at the Rod Stewart show didn't have a big sign. Anyway go for it them tell me how it works out ok?
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't know him, but I wish I did just for your grandma.
    By the way, you are a wonderful granddaughter! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I like the sign idea. Also alot of times the artist will come out for a meet and greet after the show if you hang around long enough. Or after the show you could talk to one of the crew members and tell them how its her birthday and how old it is and if they could possible set it up for him to come out and say happy birthday.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• To PrydferthMenyw - thanks for the compliment! My grandmother and I are very close and I would do anything for her!!
    MomtoHSH

Answer by MomtoHSH at 1:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009