Were you laid off or you cant find a job after recieving your diploma due to the economy?

If so, express how you feel and your currently struggles.

ivntee07

Asked by ivntee07 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I AM PISSED. I worked for 10 months busting my butt and getting high marks to get my certification and I find out I can't get a freaking job. I am depressed about it. We are so broke and I am struggling to pay bills. I don't know what will happen when the loan comes due for school!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am Pissed! I earned a AA degree 9 years ago, been working since then. Now, employers want a BA just to be a freakin' A/R Clerk or Payroll Person. AND, AND, they are paying less, BUT yet they want a freakin' BA Degree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I received my Bachelors of Science in Business Administration Major: Advertising/Public Relations on December 14, 2008....Still I dont have a job!! Employers are not even calling or responding to my resumes. I bust my ass going back to school as an adult to better myself and my life for my family and now I am just stuck. What they hell was the point? Plus if you apply for a bullshit job they will not hire you because you have a Bachelors and they dont want to waste time and money on hiring someone with higher education that will potential will leave for something in their field and higher pay. What do you do?? I'm PISSED TOO!
    ivntee07

Answer by ivntee07 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Ya, it's not easy to get a job now days. I work at home and I just talked to a lady yesterday that got laid off and she now has to wait to get unemployment. It's sad!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Lots of businesses are closing in my area and the physician's offices I have applied to with my associates degree told me they don't have a high turnover rate because the people they hire tend to work for them for many years and they promote from within.
    I just finished obtaining my second associates degree and am heading back to college for my bachelors next month and will be eligible in various fields, not just medical, which I dearly love, but I have to go wherever I can be hired.

My 20 year old daughter had 2 job interviews in the past 4 weeks and was offered the jobs at each one, but she turned them both down! I told her she was stupid and crazy!!!! She is a single mom of a newborn for crying out loud! She told me they didn't "feel right." One of the jobs was going to train her with pay and start her wages at $600 per week!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• In my area they are hiring for many jobs. Most require a college degree. You may have to look into relocating to an area that has jobs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My husband found his grades in college were being looked at when he found his last job 3 1/2 years ago. They all wanted to know his GPA and did have his college transcipts pulled. Many companies are doing this. He was at the top of his class so he had 7 offers from the 7 companies he applied at. Three of the companies are still actively trying to recruit him.

There are jobs but you may have to move to find one. You need to look at the market and get training in jobs that are in demand right now. Clean up the resume and practice interview skills. Many are qualified but are terrible in interviews and dont' know it. I helped my sil last year she was one of 300 applying for 10 jobs. She allowed me to coach her and she got the job. She came to me because I have no education but have a better job than her because of my interview skills. Seek help with that. It can keep you from getting a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2009