Share your work horror stories?

I wasn't even supposed to work today, as I'm only scheduled weekends. But, seeing as I was called in, I went. Hahaha bad idea. I'm in laundry and the "big" washing machine was just fixed yesterday. We call it the big washing machine because it's big...pretty clever, yeah? ;) Anywho I load her up, start it, and fold stuff from the dryer. Next thing I know, water is creeping towards my feet. Check the washer, and it's just pouring out the bottom. I grab the mop and realize this won't cut it. I had a lake in there! Water, I'd guess 3 inches deep, then I see it spurting out the back of washer. Heading under the dryer, which is running. So I turn it off because I'm scared I'll get electrocuted. Finally get the water cleaned up an hour later, and have to wash everything in the "little" washer, which causes me to have to stay over by a few hours. I've had a baaad day lol & want to laugh at other horror stories!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One time I was talking to a client of the hearing store I worked at (I was a hearing aid technician. If anything broke or needed cleaning, you went to me. Gross) and he kept complaining it wasn't working right. Well, I kept trying to tell him it was because he perspires a lot and needed extra care by him daily to avoid sounded the way it did. I've been trying to tell him that for weeks but he insisted something other than that was wrong with it. He then tells me to listen and tries to put HIS sweaty and dirty hearing aid in MY ear. GROSS!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I worked were I do now when I was pregnant also. A customer came in to get his license plates one day and I had to go to another part of the store to get them, well for some reason he sarted to follow me and I didn't know so when I got about four or five steps away from the desk I let go an audible fart, thinking no one was around. After that I heard a huh huh, like a laugh and I turned and there was the guy.

I was soooo embarassed I just said "hey what can I do I am pregnant and I have bad gas" he said it was ok, he still comes in to the shop too.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 12:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I worked as a cashier in retail and a lady with a nasty attitude actually reported me to the store manager for smiling at her! She felt offended because she wanted to know what I thought was so funny. I tried to explain to her that I always smile at all my customers, but she wouldn't have any of that. My manager actually had to write a report because a customer complained, but I never heard anything more about it. I mean, what is the district manager or corporate going to do? Punish me for trying to be nice?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2009