Do you let your daughter wear really short (shorts) or skirts?

I don't have a daughter but I wouldn't let her wear things that are too inappropriate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• no we use the fingertip rule. Anything shorter is a no.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i think with mine we'll go with the same rule i had. nothing above the tips of the fingers. (you know put your arms to your sides stand up straight and the tips of the fingers should not be further down the leg than the shorts/skirts)....but i guess i'll have to wait and see when she gets older. if it was up to my husband he'd probably take her to a plastic surgeon and have big baggy pants put on permanentely (i really cant spell!)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I agree
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 12:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my mom never let me wear skirts that came above the knee and to this day im 20 now and still havent worn a mini skirt and im glad i see people wearing them and they look so trashy no matter what their age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my mother Did let me wear short shorts and skirts, but if i looked like a skank wearing it, she'd definately let me know..it was all in the way i carried myself. and no i wasnt out doing things with boys i shouldnt've been doing.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• lol... vabchmommy i think we may have married the same man...but my husband would have a permanent chastity belt added to the baggy pants.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I was not allowed to wear clothes that were too revealing growing up and my kids will not allowed to be. They can wear whatever weird hair-do they want, but I think that clothing should cover your body and show that you have enough respect for yourself to not show the whole world your goods.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009