How do I get my daughter to sleep through the night

My Daughter is 19 months old and she still doesn't sleep through the night and I don't know what to do. She wakes up crying sometimes screaming and wanting her bottle. I feed her and offer her food all day, so she can't be that hungry can she? I just don't know what to do can anyone help please!?

ShaesMomma

Asked by ShaesMomma at 12:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We just had the grandson with us for a week and he was still waking during the night also for a bottle and hes 14 months old. We started feeding him some applesauce and milk or toast and milk or oatmeal and milk before bed and he now sleeps till 7 am most nights. He was drinking bottles all day long and wouldnt eat much food so we stopped the bottles during the day and he eats alot more now. Now she is working on the night time bottle, he has been falling asleep without one but once in a while wants one during the night, so she gives him a sippy cup with milk and lets him have a few drinks then back to sleep and hes been doing pretty well. It will take time, that bottle is security. After a couple drinks during the night you may have to walk away and let her cry a few minutes, if she doesnt settle down rub her back for a minute. Dont leave the sippy cup for her to have in bed. This is what worked for us Good Luck !!
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Your LO is now in the habit of having to drink a bottle to get to sleep. She doesn't need the milk anymore in the middle of the night. To transition, I would just offer her water. Chances are she won't want it and will stop waking up for it and find other ways to soothe herself back to sleep.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2009