tmi!....about dh problem

my husband has been saying for the longest time that his "butt leaks" i dont let him go into graphic detail with me but he says that when he is just walking around it leaks...what is this caused from and is it any concern? He has goo hygiene ...he's 24yr

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• That's a medical concern and it should be addressed by a doctor, soon. Crohn's disease can cause it, or it could be some other form of anal incontinence. Either way, he should see a doctor.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• also wanna ad he doesnt have any medical..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i don't know the name of the condition but there is a thing where the sphincter muscles around the anus aren't as strong as they should be, which could cause leaking.

i remember seeing a show once about a mom who's two boys (who must've been preteens atleast) both had to wear diapers because they just did not realize when they were going to the bathroom
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I would definitely nag your DH into heading to the doctors...this sounds like something that won't just clear up on its own. And embarassing as it sounds, it would be more embarassing to keep having this problem that could be fixed than to ignore it. It could be bowel incontinence? Either way...have him seen by the doc!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• he needs a doc. Leakage is never normal, or something that just happens. it could just be a torn muscle in sphincter, or something more serious, like rectal cancer. make him go.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Just out of curiosity, he hasn't taken Alli, has he? I heard some girls in my office talking about that there is all these people who are having problems with that now after taking it! Even after stopping they still have the problem
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009