anyone have a sugguestion that i cant ease son at night seems to wake at 3- 4 am and cries and done everthing.

son is a month and two days old, and just looking for any suggestions to maybe get his schedule a little normal. He is fed, and changed, swaddled, loved on and there is some nights he cries and cries and cries, and i feel like i am failing, need any suggestions to try. thank you

snowangel99217

Asked by snowangel99217 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• awww i'm sorry, i know its rough. my first son had colic, would cry every night from 10pm till 2am. the only thing that helped him was bouncing. we would hold him and bounce on an exercise/birthing ball, and i watched a lot of infomercials
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• oh, and he liked to be carried facing outwards, so my arm was across his belly (i think it helped it feel better) theres also the "colic carry" where he lays on your arm with his head in your hand and his butt in the crook of your elbow, belly down.

i hope you find some relief!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• we had a bouncer chair that e would use for our 2nd son.. he was never really collicy but he had his moments. jsut keep trying things until yo figure what works...vaccuming might work, or setting him on the dryer in his carseat, maybe driving around....good luck and hang in there! Just remember you ARE NOT failing! being a mother is one of the most wonderful and challenging things you will ever do!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Rock him gently back and forth humming or singing. If you have a hard time with the crying sometimes babies just need to cry. Leave him alone for 5 min come back check on him. Or car rides always put my son to sleep. Then they get older and have bad dreams thats the worse you really cant do anything then and there crying is louder then ever chin up you will miss theys days
    MrsJrBut

Answer by MrsJrBut at 1:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I agree with MrsJrBut. There's only so much you can do, especially when you're at the end of your rope. Laying him down in his crib/sleeper/whatever for 5 minutes may seem cruel, but if you can get away for that long and go sit on the porch or something, catch a breath then go back in, you'll be able to handle it better.

As for putting on schedule suggestions- I started giving Ella a bath, naked time, rubdown with lotion, then nurse around the time she was a month old. It took her a couple days to start getting settled around bedtime. She didn't sleep through the night for a couple more weeks, and even then it's been hit and miss on when she actually does (IE Right now she's not sleeping through the night. She's 8 months old and starting waking up 3 times. TOUGH.).

That's all I got for now. All kids are different. I hope things start feeling better!!
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 11:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2009