My cat poops in my flower garden. Is this a "good manure" (It's disgusting) How do I make her stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No, this is not good manure. No fecal matter that comes for a meat eating animal makes good manure - the risk of parasites that YOU can catch is too high.

There are different products on the market to help keep cats out of vegetable and flower beds. Take a look at the pet store.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Ohhh mister kitty is going to hate you! You can place cayenne pepper throughout the flower bed, when he goes to dig his little hole, it will burn his little nose, and he will stay out of there. I worked in
    a vet clinic for years too, it wont hurt him. If you catch him in the act, just spray him with a squirt gun or spray bottle.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• oh sorry, Miss Kitty, lol.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i'm not sure, but isn't urine acidic, and wouldn't it eventually harm your plants? i know my son's urine killed the grass! he was in the habit of peeing off of the porch, in one area, and before long, the grass was dead.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have used old coffee grounds to keep cats away from an area.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I agree, cayenne pepper- or crushed red pepper- is tried and true on many animals. Works on the kitties in the garden and I also use it around the shed to keep the mice out too.
    witchymommaCNY

Answer by witchymommaCNY at 1:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I put white marble chips around my flowers in the flower bed. It looks great AND kitty doesn't want to dig in the stones.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009