Fiance doesnt help out...

So i have been with my man for almost 4years, he is really "checkin out" of life, he lays on floor and sleeps when he is with my daughter in the mornings, hands her a piece of bread, no water, and sleeps in middle of floor, lets her free roam the house while he sleeps, when hes off, around 8pm, im expected to have dinner done, house clean, and have taken her to park, or playdate, spotless house, exersized to loose baby weight b4 we c his fam, entertain his friends till 12am, i work 3am-9am i cant do this anymore, he says "uhhh, im tired and u dont help out, y should i?" when i confront him, he is a good dad when awake, or i beg him to play with her so i can take a shower or go to the bathroom, she loves him alot, but its dragging me down, i get around 3-4hrs sleep a night, any advice to communicate with him? should i leave him? im out of ideas and exhausted! havent had any "me time" (more than 30 min)for over a year and a half

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like you need to make some life changes. I would get a babysitter a couple times a week so you can sleep. Sit down with your "fiance" and tell him that things need to change. He will either "change" or he will leave. We are the masters of our universe. What we allow to happen to us is "up to us". Once you are an adult, you can no longer blame any one else for what you allow into your life. If you really want a change then its up to you.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• you really need to get his attention! kick his azz to the curb for a while, tell him what you expect from your man & your not willing to "settle" for anything but that,STAND UP. think about it what would you really be loosing?

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It sounds like you are living with a man who has very weak character and who is not at all compassionate. He sounds like a very selfish man, too. You can try to talk to him, but it likely won't do any good. I think you have to decide whether or not to stay with him and let your child have some similance of a family or whether you get her and yourself out of this mess and try to make a decent life for yourselves. Either way, the child loses and that is very, very sad.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thank Goodness you didnt marry him yet. He has shown you who he truly is and you have a decesion to make. Thats not right he does nothing but expects so much from you have you pointed that out to him? If you really want things to work you need to tell him things have got to change! Then if they dont atleast you tried.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• When you marry his lazy ass....
    don't complain if he is the same way...
    because you know what he is made of...
    I would be calling him my XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    fiance, if I was in your shoes..
    Open up your eyes....marriage is about teamwork...and if all players are not on the same
    team....you end up
    losing!!!!!!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Don't get married! Run the other way fast!!!
    Anonymous