Why are they letting our kids do that dirty dancing? My daughter goes to a popular dance place for 6th to 8th graders. She says all they do is the dirty dance. My daughter doesn't do it. I'll ground her for life.

I need help in stopping this dirty nasty dancing. Even my daughter thinks its gross. Every time I see it, it makes me sick.

At her school they can't even wear spagetti string tops or shorts that are shorter then their fingers. Why then the dance hall that is around the corner let then do that gross, terrible dance?

fishbaughcl

Asked by fishbaughcl at 2:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I guess my question would be if ALL they do is dirty dancing why are you allowing her to go. There are plenty of other activities she can be involved in. I have read recently that one principal stopped dances because he thought what they were doing was very inappropriate. Another closed a dance down because of the dancing. Now we have the parents. Are people really speaking out to the powers that be about the situation? Some parents really don't care what there kids are doing. If you do I would say that the bucks stops with you. Good luck. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 4:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• That's how people danced back when I was in junior high, and that was 8 years ago. It's just dirtier times... I don't know what can be done to help this generation.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• There was a commercial for a sexy workout video on during my three year olds cartoons and she was watching it gyrating like the people on the tv. Freakin scary...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• and the slutty costumes are bad too. I pulled my kids out of dance!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my daughter's old school would suspend the kids if they were caught dirty dancing!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It's the "cool" thing to do. Have you ever watched the cheerleading camps/shows on TV? (not the movies, the actually competitions lol) ...it's all about shaking booties and looking "sexy".
    Anonymous

• My guess would be because the dance hall is out to make money. If they went aroung and told each kid that was dancing that way to stop or they'd get thrown out, how much longer would they be in business? Once they started doing that, kids would stop going, they would go out of business.
    If this dance hall is run by the city then you need to take it up with the city.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you don't like what is going on, TAKE HER OUT. The dance classes aren't going to change if the parents don't stand up for what is right. They are still getting kids and making money, they aren't going to stop.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i have to agree with some of the others statement of getting her out if you don't like it. Fact is that is how people dance and that is how people danced when Iwas younger. It does not mean anything it is just dancing. And yes it is based on what people see... it is not something anyone can change just distance your daughter if you dont want her exposed to it. Besides there are many types of dancing that are sexual. It is not like it is a new thing.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• we had a teen dance club when i was younger it finally got bad fights were goin on and drugs were there and they finally shut it down, school dances are one thing but a dance club just for teens with people who run it that dont care what they do is another and i honestly think they shouldnt even think about going to a dance club until they are 18
    Anonymous