What can i do so my baby can burp with out all that pain she goes through?

I tried everything i sit her up i lay her on my arm i put her on my showlders and nothing after a great while she finally burps and all that time she is screaming and crying please help me ro give me some ideas on what to do.

jenise78

Asked by jenise78 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try burping every few ounces (feed 2-3 oz, burp, continue feeding, burp again, finish feeding, burp) unless she is screaming because she thinks you wont give her anymore and then I would say she will grow out of it when she gets used to the pattern of getting fed even after the bottle is taken away for a moment. also if possible try rubbing her in circles on the back even while feeding or get a bottle that reduces the air bubbles she swallows so there is less need for burping (little burps probably wont hurt as much?) Also I dont know how old she is but if there is something that normally calms her use it, the screaming and crying will get more air in there and make it hurt more, and I would say if she doesnt burp after about 2 minutes she might not need to. Sorry, I hope this helps!
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 4:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Some babies don't really need to burp in the middle of a feeding. If she is happily eating, I'm not sure that I would stop to burp her......She will start getting really wiggly and not eating much when she has air in her belly.
    If you are breastfeeding, it's not very likely that she's getting much air, and bottles are being made better and better to reduce the air that they get.
    I would maybe stop about half-way through a feeding, only for a min to try to burp, then go straight back to feeeding. Then when you are done feeding, you can work more on getting the burps (if any) out. A lot of times, just sitting up will cause them to burp! Good Luck!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2009