Is it normal that my 3 month old pit bull puppy has lost her 3 front bottom teeth??

I am so worried that soemthing is wrong with her or that we need to take her to the vet. We have a german shepard that is 2.5 months and they ALWAYS play fight together and I am concerned that my pit (Venyx) lost ehr teeth b/c of that but I am not sure....HELP!!

sxc_mami1

Asked by sxc_mami1 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pets

• puppies lose teeth just like humans.. :) so, no worries, its absolutely normal.. play fighting could make it happen much sooner, of course.. but trust me.. new teeth will soon come in.
    scygirl06

Answer by scygirl06 at 4:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• God!! Thanks! haha!! I was so worried! But I figured that it was just like baby teeth but wanted to make sure!! Thanks!!
    sxc_mami1

Answer by sxc_mami1 at 4:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Don't feel bad...I did the same thing when our pit puppy started losing teeth. My kids and the dog play tug of war with a rope, and one day I saw the dog's tooth on the patio, and I freaked out calling my parents and crying that my sons were hurting the dog! I felt really stupid when they told me he was losing his baby teeth, just like my kids. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Very normal, don't worry!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes, dogs lose their baby teeth just like humans do- I can remember our last puppy spitting some of them out onto the floor. We kept them, they were so much smaller than her adult teeth!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ya i have a shepherd..yes they loose there teeth and grow big teeth.i wonder if the tooth dog fairy comes????lol
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thanks everyone for your replies!!!! I feel so dumb! haha No question is a stupid question though! haha
    sxc_mami1

Answer by sxc_mami1 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• All puppies should lose their teeth, but be on the look out for ones who don't. When you look in their mouths, the bottom will have 2 rows of teeth. Your Vet will need to remove some of them.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009