How much formula should a 5 month old be drinking?

my dd is 5 months old and is still only wanting 4-5 oz, she has been like that seems like forever. I sure if she were still hungry she would let me know, however I was just curious as to what someone eles's 5 month old was drinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have a feeding guide and it says that a 5 month old should be eating 7-8 ounces about 4-5 times a day. but every baby is different. she will eat as much as she is hungry for.
    oldsoulmom

Answer by oldsoulmom at 3:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• She should be eating as much as she will eat. It's not like you can force feed her. If she's eating food now, that's going to cut into the formula intake, too. As long as she continues to grow along her growth curve, you're fine.

As for the second question...mine were taking 8oz six times a day, and eating 2-3 meals of at least one jar of stage 2 baby food. They were not (and still are not) the NORM. lol Big appetites in this house.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My baby is 4 and 1/ months and she eats 5-6 oz every 4 hours :)
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2009