When can women get their tubes tied?

I've heard a bunch of different things and can't get a straight answer. It's very frustrating!!!

DannysMommy2508

Asked by DannysMommy2508 at 3:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• when? well since oyu werent specific at all, anytime she wants it. i would imagine that the only things stopping it would be if something was up like you had an infection or something that would have to clear up first, and thats with any surgery. But as long as the person is 18 and can give legal consent, there isnt a when> Not sure if thats the answer, or what you meant but hope it helped.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Okay, I am 28 years old with four kids...I just had it done. There was no issue, I asked the doc and he signed me up! I asked for one when I was 25, and they were gonna do it, but we decided to have more kids. So I'm pretty sure if you want it, you sign the papers, they will do it. The only thing doc said was he wouldn't do it if I wasn't %100 sure. But no problem there!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Here in Nevada, Depends on the Doctor. They also say they wont do it unless ur over 25 and 2 kids. I have a friend who just had her 3rd boy. She wanted to get fixed right after he was born and the doc said no way! He dont Believe in it.. wtf? and he wont give her BC either.. So shes hella pissed off. So I guess the answer is it depends.. Talk to ur doc.. Or have hubby get fixed. ITs a in and out office visit..
    Lara7

Answer by Lara7 at 3:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009