What should I bring with me to the hospital when I go into labor?

I'm starting to pack a bag to bring when I go into labor and aside from clothes I cant think of what to bring. So far all I've been able to come up with is clothes for me, my boyfriend, and the baby, a camera, and make up for pictures, since I refuse let let anyone take a picture of me without it. So any help or advice would be most appretiated.

BabyxBunny

Asked by BabyxBunny at 3:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Chapstick, your lips will probably dry out during labor.

Make sure you don't bring brandnew pajamas. Odds are good they'll be covered in blood - regardless of the exit baby takes - so it doesn't pay to waste $40 PJs.

Either way, enjoy it. I don't know what kind of birth you're planning but every single one is different and the memory will be special to you.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• -carseat for baby
    -toothbrush and toothpaste
    -nail clippers for the baby
    -shampoo and conditioner
    -nightgown and robe
    -slippers and socks
    -nursing bra and extra pads if you are going to be breast feeding
    -underwear
    -extra pads
    -extra batteries for the camera
    -hairbrush
    -maybe a cooler with some snacks for after the baby comes, i did that and it was a life saver because i was starving after i had my daughter.
    I can't think of anything else but i'll let you know if i do. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• thank you both! its helping a lot.
    BabyxBunny

Answer by BabyxBunny at 3:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• socks! WARM AND FUZZY! and definetly chapstick. camera. hair brush.those were my essentials!
    oldsoulmom

Answer by oldsoulmom at 3:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yay! anything else?
    BabyxBunny

Answer by BabyxBunny at 3:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• books or magazines... you might not have the baby as soon as you get there so you will get bored. I was there for 4 hours before i started to push...so i was going insane cuz i was so bored....
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 11:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• lol I was lookin for some ideas also helped seeing this-my first pregnancy had a camera fail issue def have a good camera no cheap one time use brands from machines because they blurr and screw up shots so didnt get but maybe 2 pics out of 27 :( extra batteries and phone! Course you are going to need to call your family and get them updated and tell them news xD bring phone charger too and let's see a good book or music player depeneds on how long you will be in labor but just in case helps tak mind off pain during contractions...and something special like photo from home or stuff animal some people like having personal effects close so it don't feel like a hospital too much and helps relax them ;) Good luck! I still got a few weeks and getting excited too!
    liltiger86

Answer by liltiger86 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009