Soggy sandwich

How do I keep my bread from getting soggy. Here is my sandwich. Bread, lettuce (iceberg), 2 tomato slices, 5 dill chips, ham, bread. In that order. I have tried mixing it up but my bread is always soggy by lunch time. How do I keep it from getting soggy aside from bringing all the ingredients and building it at work?

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 3:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• keep the bread seperated untill lunch time ♥
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• is that slices of pickles, or dill pickle chips? because if it is dill pickle chips I am glad to meet someone else who puts chips in their sandwiches :)
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• dill pickle chips. I also like ham and dorito sandwiches
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You could always try keeping the tomato separate - that's probably the culprit. If you haven't tried putting the tomato in the middle that might help. Between the ham and lettuce. :) Good luck.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 6:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• The only way is to wrap your veggies in a paper towel and keep your bread separate, be sure to wrap both in a baggie or in a tight plastic container to keep them fresh.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Build all the ingredients, but put the bread in one bag/container, and the rest of the ingredients in another, put them together at lunch. Also, if you use mayo or mustard or whatever, that could contribute too. I always put that in a little container with a lid and spread it on when I am ready to eat.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My MIL used to spread a very very thin layer of butter/margerine to the bread for my DH's school lunches. He used to do it for his own sandwiches and I asked him why and and he told me his mom did it to keep his school lunches from being soggy by lunch time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2009