Baby Food

My dd is 5months old and I have slowly started introducing baby food to her because she seems ready. But every baby food i've tried she hates! All the stage 1 baby food she will not eat! No rice or cereal? My mother told me I didnt like baby food and wouldnt eat it either but I would eated mashed potatoes so I tried that with her and she loves them?! I dont give her to much but is this ok? Is she to young to eated mashed potatoes? I make them with no salt or anything added. What suggestions do you ladies have.. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have assume thats fine as long as it's not affecting her in any negative way. I have been trying DD this week, she's 6 months this wkend, and she won't eat anything either. I figure she's just not ready yet, but I keep trying on and off to see if she's interested.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yeah she seems fine after eating them, not gasy or fussy or anything. I noticed if I was holding her while I was eating and when I'd bring the spoon up toward me she'd open her mouth and lean in and started reaching... So IDK what to do but keep trying. My ped. also told me not to add cereal to her bottle like most people do cause all that does is cause a malnurished (sp?) baby? I have ended up doing it in her night time bottle...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It should be fine. And maybe what she would like it homemade foods rather than the jarred.... and she may also like the texture of the food more. My son always liked his foods thick, I always add rice to any jarred foods.
    You might want to make sweet potaoes and applesauce both have more flavor and are thicker if you make them yourself :)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Mash up some soft cooked table foods and give it to her. As long as you keep it to a single ingredient (corn with no butter on it for example) at a time, you can use mashed table foods.

I also had two boys who wouldn't eat it right out of the jar, but would eat the baby food thickened with cereal. They hated the slime.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2009