Due date

Is a due date ever 40 weeks from conception? or is it always 38 weeks from conception?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your edd would be 40 weeks from your last mentrual period, or 38 weeks from conception.
    susanna71

Answer by susanna71 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• well who really knows? it is just a guess really. I know I got pregnant July 21st and told the DR that and they said my period was July 13th, and it wasn't. I know it was the 1st week of july and was probably over by the 6th, so something if off there. We didn't have sex for a few weeks before and didn't have sex again after the 21st until I already knew I was pregnant, so I KNOW that was the date of conception. Right now I am due on the 19th. I am completely effaced but only dilated to 1, so I am curious to see what happens this next week.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2009