How accurate is an at home pregnancy test?

I took an at home pregnancy test last night and it came up positive. This would be my second pregnancy and I had trouble getting pregnant the first time. This time I had a regular period and was late and everything. I was just wondering if there is something else that could make a test say positive and how accurate they were. I'm kind of scared to be pregnant again, I thought I was ready for a second baby but I'm not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most tests are 99% accurate, just go to the dr for their test to make sure either way, good luck!
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• as long as you weren't on fertility medicine then its almost impossible for it to be wrong :) Congrats. :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my son, I had to go get blood work done before I could schedule a dr. appointment. I am now 6 weeks along, and this time, my dr. said that at home tests are so accurate that they no longer require any other type of test. CONGRATULATIONS! Call your dr. to schedule that first appointment.
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 8:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I know that if you take the finagrin pil...(spelling is wrong im sure)... It can mess you pregnancy test.. but that all I can think of! I was pregnant and didnt know it..i thought i was sick so I was going to take a pill and I read on the internet just in case not to cuz it could mess a pregancy test up.. good luck!.. you prolly are..those are very accurate!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i took 2 pregnancy tests on a sat and both were negative! i went to the dr on monday andi was 7 weeks! so i dont agree with them! id go to the dr
    amanda198524

Answer by amanda198524 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009