Colostrum 5 months after I stopped BF?

I just felt a little wetness around my nipple this morning and when I checked, imagine my surprise to find that I could squeeze colostrum out...I stopped nursing 5 months ago and this has not happened yet.
Is this normal or do you think that I need to take an HPT?

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 8:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's probably NOT colostrum. That only comes out right after the baby is born. Just so you know, I stopped nursing 5 YEARS AGO. And my right nipple still produces milk when pinched. It's very normal, i already been there w/ the Dr.

If taking a HPT will ease your mind, there is nothing wrong with taking one.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You might want to go pee on a stick! I know some time after you stop nursing you can still squeeze a little milk out but to have it leak out like that not heard that one.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i kno i have the same problem my dd is 5months(had her in nov) i bf for 1month and last night milk just came out i was like wtf is wrong of course in jan. and feb. no period and march only 2days and had 3 neg. hpt...so i dont know....
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009