Hypothyroidism and Husband's Fertility?

My husband and I have been TTC for 15 months now. A few months ago I found out that he used to be on medication for his thyroid and he isn't now. I did some research and I can't find much, but the things I have found seem to point to his untreated thyroid possibly contributing to the problem.

We both have been previously married. I have 2 children of my own, so [even though I should get checked anyway] I'm fairly certain the issue is not with myself. His previous wife and he tried to get pregnant as well with no success. He always said she had alot of health problems of her own, so they never really suspected anything.

Just wondering if any of you have heard of this, or experienced it? I found tons of research on how the condition affects women and their fertility, just not so much with men.

Thanks.

MamaChanny

Asked by MamaChanny at 9:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Why don't you guys schedule an appointment for him to go get checked. Sounds like it could be him, rather then his ex wife. ?? Or maybe both had problems
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• He definitely needs to have a thyroid level checked. But look at www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers   and see what you think.. Thyroid disorders can be a result of heavy metal and toxic overload.  Message me for more info.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009