Is this a tacky reception?Give me your thoughts.

Okay, We are planning a July wedding. We have kids and are on a budget.We had hoped to have a large family reception in my new inlaws back yard. However there are a few snags and think now its just an over all bad idea to have it there.I was thinking that we have a nice casual pizza place with awsome patio ( instant decorations that holds abought 30. There would be no drinking or dancing but we can afford to feed everyone a casual meal in a nice place serve the cake and make a toast. It sounds good to me and I know that's what counts but I would love to have some thoughts other than mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• Well if that's what you can afford then I don't see anything wrong with it except I would go with like a backyard barbeque. Just my thought.
    Mommy2be31660

Answer by Mommy2be31660 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• We are having a pot luck reception in a family members yard. We are gonna have BBQ chicken and then everyone bring a dish.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You have to do what your budget can afford. I would however think that the dancing would be important though. It doesn't sound tacky to me at all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Sounds like a blast to me. If it works for you why not do it?
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 9:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no, not tacky. but it does depend on how many people are invited to the wedding. If you have more than 30 (which adds up faster than you might think) what do they do? I personally would be more comfortable with the back yard grill out or potluck. because there's more room to move and greet and would probably be more comfortable for the guests.

In the end though it is about what you and your new husband want. Just make sure you plan it so YOU can have fun
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think going to a local park (with a pavilion) bringing some food and beers and music would be better than a pizza shop. Let the kids roam free adults have fun like a BBQ party and this is still affordable. You don't have to decorate other than maybe table covers and everyone can decide what they want to bring to make themselves comfortable.(a blanket, lawn chairs, water balloons, etc) Maybe even think of some games. Allowing people to mingle and have a good time should be the main focus.
    Simplyme623

Answer by Simplyme623 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• we planned our last minute wedding in a week & ended up having our reception at El Toro (mexican restaraunt).... They had a banquet area so we didnt bother the rest of the guest...

if you like the pizza place. go for it.. but parks are a great idea too.. if we had longer to plan my wedding i wanted to get married around water at a park, but couldnt find anyone fast enough that would "travel" to marry us.. UGH.. But I was thankful for the guy that did agree, we used his church & he had another wedding to do later in the day so we understood his time constraint.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think that if you are comfortable with it then go with it. We had a totally untraditional wedding. People we talk to about the wedding remember it because it was untraditional - if you love it - go for it.
    Sandy601

Answer by Sandy601 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Honestly hun, its your wedding and it only matters what you (and your SO) want. If you want it in the backyard go for it, if you want in at the pizza parlor do that. I don't think either sound tacky, and if anyone else does; shoot them with a potato gun..lol..
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 11:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Your friends won't care and your enemies would find fault regardless! Enjoy your time getting married. Do what you can afford. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks.
    Anonymous