Is this Normal & Okay? Sweetheart & Bitch?

DH & I went to a different town yesterday! We got A Sandwich at Subway! At least Twice the Girl called my DH Sweet Heart! He wasn't sure he heard her right.. Then he Saw me Crack A Big Smile. Then he knew he wasn't hearing things! Really Sweetheart? She was like 20 & my DH is 50! Is this Normal? Then later on we go for An oil change! We're waiting.. A demanding Woman comes in Demanding Repairs on her Car.. The Tech, Explains how Busy there are & scheduled! She goes on Demanding. He shows her Work orders! He Calls Her Bitch! She never batts an Eye to that! Okay... Customer Service.. Sweetheart & Bitch! What do you think of being caled this??

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow, well the sweetheart part was prolly the gal being polite. I think that is awesome, some respect from a 20 something. As far as the bitch part, I do think the man should be reprimanded for for his comment. When you work in the customer service fields regardless of how frustrating a customer is you never make rude comments to them ro insult them. I think that is a lot of what is wrong with people today. The lack of respect for other's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Oh heck, when pulling into a fastfood window, my husband has been called sweetheart a few times. Oh if she only knew the truth at times. haha. I don't think anyone in customer service has ever called me bitch. If so, they'd probably get an ear full right back.
    LaNette000

Answer by LaNette000 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Ive heard people say thanks hun or sweetie that wouldnt bother me. Umm but if some guy called me a bia. He would be sorry!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't mind hearing my husband called "honey" or "sweetheart" by females who wait on him in businesses. I myself tend to call other females "honey" or "sweetie." I just don't happen to use those words to describe men.

As for calling someone "bitch," it sounds to me like she was being one in spades. Other customers were there first and sorry, but she is not going to get in ahead of them by acting that way. I've presented at an auto service place while traveling and explained my dilemma (job interview to get to, really don't want to be late, only have the spare time I allotted for looking at houses in the destination time) and the shop was nice enough to take my car in immediately and let others wait. But point is, I didn't get that by being a bitch.

Call me a bitch, better say it with the proper respect.
    divinity80921

Answer by divinity80921 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm a Southern girl, we call everyone darlin' , sweetheart, sugar...you name it. Down here, sweetheart, it's just sweet southern hospitality! I wouldn't ever call anyone the B word. If a man called me that word, he would earn a visit from my husband. Of course then again, if teh lady hadn't been so mean and called the tech "sweetheart" her results might have been different...LOL
    You catch more flies with honey after all!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Sounds like you had an interesting day.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I manage the office of a local contractor and I get the "sweet heart, darlin, honey" routine from a lot of men. I just roll with it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I always called people honey and dear while I was working customer service. It was just being polite and after a while got to be habit..however, the other one...I would have that guys job.
    joinforcash1

Answer by joinforcash1 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I like it when people are nice, sweetheart is nice, I just would of said I'm a sweetheart too.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i call everyone sweetheart , honey and darlin'. its just how i grew up , i think she was just being nice. lol heck my husbands grandfather calls all the kids in the family baby . has since the kids where all babies. we are all southern tho and it is not that uncommon to hear it there .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2009