online schools

Are online schools and courses legit? Do employer's take them seriously?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• It really depends on what you are looking for. I have my "career diploma" for wedding planning from the nation's top planning school... And I got it online, if I were to apply at the local planners I'm sure I would never have an issue. But I will be opening my own place... BUT, if you were looking for a nurses degree or teaching or something... Chances are you wouldn't have as much luck. Business degrees I think would be fine to do from home, but stay away from anything hands on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I took "distance-based" learning (online classes) thru the local community college
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• depends on which you choose. I've heard bad things about Kaplan , Penn Foster, Strayer and others.
    I am now going to University of Phoenix and L:OVE IT. Their is a campus here and they have helped me so much!
    Anonymous