How do I cover baseboard heaters to keep my crawling baby from getting burnt?

We are looking to move to CO, and every apartment we look at seems to have baseboard heaters. Does anyone have these with little kids? They get really hot, and when you have a toddler/crawler I don't see how it would be safe to have them unless they were covered. Where can we get them for a reasonable price?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes we have them and my son has never gotten burnt by them. Don't worry to much about it. My son just turned one, he started crawling at 4 months so he's been crawling all winter. They never got hot enough that would burn him.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• They can get hot enough to burn. I had a bedroom nearly catch fire as a stuffed animal started burning. (It had not been there long.)
    You cannot cover them. There is too much of a risk of fire. The only thing I can recommend is don't use them. Buy another form of room heater like a oil filled radiator, but even those can get hot. It is just easier to keep them out of child's reaches.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You may want to check Babys R Us. If there is not one near you, you can check them out on their website.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Amy is right. We havethem in our home and my son has never had a problem. They don't get that hot. If they do, you need to have them fixed. They are supose to be able to be touched.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009