Hospital gown?

Does anyone know where I can get a hospital gown for when I deliver my baby for less than 40 dollars. I am looking online and they are all 50 dollars or more and I cant imgaine spending that kind of money on something I will throw away after one use. But with my first baby I was so upset about everyone seeing my butt in my hospital gown when I was in labor, so I wnat to bring my own. Help me!

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• from the hospital when you go in?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I brought a couple of my own nightgowns to the hospital to wear while I was there. and if you mean for the time you have to wear them just ask for 2 and double them up
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• When you are in labor people see more than your butt. I never take a gown for the hospital. I take a robe to put on if I get up to walk out of the room, but usually I just have 2 gowns on, one opening forward, one opening in the back then I do not have to worry about ruining something I spent money on :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I say you should labor in whatever you feel comfy in! Don't let anyone tell you to wear the hospital gown. They are unnecessary, constricting, and another way for hospitals to control your labor and delivery experience.

I am giving birth at home, but I am making me a dress. It will cost about 10 dollars total, if that. Wal-mart has some cute material that I can easily make a tub top dress out of. Something comfy, flowy, and knee length.

You don't have to buy anything on line. Go to Ross Dress for Less, or other stores similar. Some of their spring flowy dresses would work perfectly, and are cheap, and if it get's gross it's not a shame. :)

Or you can just buy a big shirt hehe or nightgown type thing. Also really cheap.

Blood stains come out easy though, I know. I have bled on clothes before, so things don't necessarily get ruined :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Abs, you don't have to buy a hospital gown. The people at the hospital can give you an extra one to wear as sort of a robe while you labor. Just think of all the money they charge insurance companies and patients for labor and delivery. I'm sure they can swing an extra hospital gown.

I went to Old Navy and got one of their little springy new nightgowns and a springy little robe from Target to wear after Brigid was born, too. And that was well under $50, and worth it to feel human after delivering a baby.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 10:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My hospital just automatically put two gowns on me. They threw one on the normal way and one on backwards. The nurse said, that way I didn't have to worry about my hiney hanging out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Just like the PP said, one on the regular way, and one on backward (open to the front). Good to go!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If your gonna buy something to wear in the hospital I would get a gown and a robe to wear after the baby is born. Because the one you wear during birth gets pretty gross.
    linzhh

Answer by linzhh at 7:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If you are looking to buy a nice, custom hospital gown, for less than $50, I make them- they have snap openings at the shoulders, and real nursing slits. Tie in the back with a nice overlap. I only charge $32.50, and am offering free shipping right now.

You can check them out at Pampered Mama

AmyJusty

Answer by AmyJusty at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2010